Family Friendly Fun in Buellton
August is #BackToSchoolMonth! If you are thinking about adding one more family adventure before summer comes to a close, here is a checklist of the best family friendly experiences in Buellton.
Things to Do
The best activities and adventures for family members of all ages. There is so much to discover in Buellton!
- Zip down the longest and fastest zipline in California with Highline Adventures. Put your courage and abilities to the test on our adventure park course. This course is designed to be challenging and safe for all ages with our double clip Via Ferrata style harness system. Climb ladders, cross rope bridges and maneuver various obstacles as you safely navigate through the treetops.
- Feed the ostriches and emus at Ostrichland USA
- Take a beautiful nature walk at Santa Ynez Valley Botanic Garden or Nojoqui Falls Park. Both provide a 10-15 minute walk with ample sitting areas, picnic tables and playgrounds in scenic settings.
- Spend an afternoon in Solvang, touring Old Mission Santa Ines and exploring the boutique shops and eateries on a surrey cycle.
- Visit one of the area’s fresh produce stands or self-pick berry farms, such as Santa Barbara Blueberries. (Blueberry season is June-July, Raspberry season is August-October.)
- Enjoy a 1 hour horseback ride along the Santa Ynez River, or experience the magical pony encounter and petting zoo.
- Kids of all ages love the two unique playgrounds at River View Park, along with the basketball courts and a large grass area for field sports. There are picnic areas throughout the park and large areas may be reserved by calling the City of Buellton.
- If your family includes members of the four-legged variety you can enjoy PAWS Park, Santa Ynez Valley’s only off-leash dog park.
- See a performance at Solvang Festival Theater, a one-of-a-kind open air theater in Solvang.
Where to Eat
There are many great places to eat in Buellton, but sometimes, when traveling with young ones, you are willing to trade Michelin Stars for friendly menus and comfortable accommodations. With that in mind, here are some musts for family friendly dining in Buellton.
- If you want large comfy booths, a broad and diverse menu, and friendly accommodating staff, head to Mother Hubbards Restaurant.
- Even if you are not staying at Flying Flags RV Resort, their restaurant: Feather and Fire is perfect for families that include younger children and pets. With great oven fired pizza options and staples like chicken tenders there is something for everyone.
- Well known for offering generous portions and tons of sides, AJ Spurs Saloon and Dining Hall has cultivated a unique visual style that leans into the rustic log cabin aesthetic, replete with tools, equipment and large stuffed animals on display throughout the restaurant.
- Need a corner pizza shop with video games for the kids, beer and wine for the adults and amazing pizza, pasta and sandwiches? Head over to Gino’s Pizza!
- When it’s time to satisfy that sweet tooth, Sweet Stuff SYV offers handmade ice cream, frozen yogurt and delicious baked goods.
Family Friendly Wine and Beer Tasting
While some tasting rooms and breweries may “allow” children, the ones that top our list have made special accommodations to make the entire family feel welcomed. Please Note: Some tasting rooms don’t allow guests under the age of 21, so if you aren’t sure please check with the individual location prior to your visit.
- Enjoy the garden area of Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company, sharing appetizers from The Kitchen while playing bocce ball and oversized Jenga.
- Taste award-winning wines immersed in the picturesque beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley at Vega Vineyard and Farm, while the family plays lawn games and visits the farm animals.
- If your visit to Buellton includes a Wednesday, then you must treat your family to the Industrial Way wine collective’s Wine Wednesday event. Several local wineries open their doors, and host a block-party style event with food trucks, live music and a bounce house. It’s a great way to spend an evening together with the family.
Looking for more fun trip inspirations? Check out all of our sample itineraries here!